Our 60-hour TEFL Course will prepare you well for becoming a competent and effective online English teacher. While learning the fundamentals of teaching English online, you will have the opportunity to build a long-term career, where every day is different, fun, and exciting.
COURSE TUITION FEE: $49
Reliable service from a U.S company in business since 1855!
International accreditation by ACCREDIDAT, a world leader.
A substantial, high-quality, TEFL/TESOL Course.
1. What do we mean by the term ‘teaching online’?
2. Critical benefits for YOU from teaching English online
3. Critical benefits for YOUR LEARNERS from being taught English online
4. Influencing learners’ intrinsic motivation and lifelong learning
1. What are the typical application and interview processes?
2. How much does an online provider pay?
3. Qualifications and Experience
4. Contract length
5. The teacher’s nationality
6. Minimum work hours
7. Peak teaching periods
8. Lesson duration
9. Age ranges taught
10. Class type
11. Course materials
1. You must see the value in online teaching
2. You must be passionate
3. You must be professional at all times
4. You must be an excellent communicator: listening and speaking
5. You must recognize the value of the practice.
6. You must be adaptable
7. You must understand learner differences and learner preferences
8. You must be committed to the Lifelong Learning process
9. You must display empathy at all times
10. You must be tuned-in at all times
11. You must be imaginative and innovative
1. Using a tailor-made online teaching (and learning) platform
2. Using Skype
1. You need to build rapport and classroom community from the outset
2. Ensure you have a warmer activity at the start of every session
3. Lesson scaffolding: Use a scaffold approach
4. Ensure your grammar is up to scratch
5. Introducing and recycling new vocabulary
6. Use concept checking questions: (CCQs)
7. Correcting mistakes and errors
There are 6 Modules in the course, each divided into Sections.
We’ve kept the language in the course as plain and simple as possible – just as you should do when teaching EFL/ESOL. There are no gold stars for teachers who use fancy language when teaching EFL/ESOL. It’s all about communication via plain and simple language.
We have included lots of activities which you can carry out with your students, so you’ll be ready to roll from Day 1 in your new job. Also, we have included activities for you. These will come under the heading of Time to reflect.
There are a few times where we intentionally repeat some points because they are critical to your success. Remember: repetition is an excellent teaching technique.
We don’t want to make a big issue about assessment. What we want you to do is to focus well on the content, and the assessments will take care of themselves. However, it’s only right to tell you what will happen.
At the end of each Module, there will be a Quiz. Each quiz consists of 15 questions, covering the relevant Module, in a mix of multiple-choice and true/false questions.
Please kindly note that we’ll not be trying to catch you out. All answers are in the text. We want all of you to pass!
“TEFL” is the acronym for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, or simply, English language instruction for non-native speakers. Also known as Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), English Language Teaching (ELT), and teaching ESL (English as a Second Language).
TEFL/TESOL certification is the key to teach English as a foreign language. Being TEFL certified opens doors to English teaching jobs worldwide and online, creating opportunities for travel, cultural immersion, career advancement, and even high salaries, in some cases.
You can easily earn a TEFL certification with an online TEFL course which is a very convenient and flexible way of getting qualified to teach English. You can start your course any time you wish, study anywhere in the world and, perhaps best of all, you can learn at your own schedule and speed.
To participate in GEC online TEFL courses you must;
GEC online TEFL courses allow you to log in and work through the course independently, at your convenience. While study times can differ from person to person, a GEC Basic Certificate course of just 60 hours can be completed in a week or two, whereas the more comprehensive 120-hour Advanced Certificate Course usually takes students about four weeks to complete in full. The more hours of certification you choose, the longer it will take to complete your course.
You can access GEC online TEFL courses from any device that has internet access. Our courses are compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
No. Once issued TEFL certificates are valid for life, they do not expire.
All GEC online courses have a time limit of up to six months which should be plenty of time to complete your certification and start out on your new career as an English language teacher. Most GEC students complete their courses within 4-6 weeks.
Your certificate will be issued, approved, and dispatched within 14 working days of the course completion date.
You can contact our team of dedicated tutors (firstname.lastname@example.org) whenever you need support. They will respond to you within 24 hours via email.
Yes, GEC TEFL Certification Courses are 100% online. However, your official certificate for 120 hour and 180 hour programs will be a hard copy with a student number and does not say “online TEFL”.